Monday, July 16, 2007

We welcome your comments! (if you can figure out how to get them to us)

My friend and I own a timeshare together and subscribe to RCI so we can trade our timeshare for others around the US and -- hopefully someday -- world. After our latest trip, I logged on to RCI's website (www.rci.com) and found:

We want to hear from you. Comment cards will be available for completion after your vacation.
Select the Comment Card you want to complete.


So, naturally, I selected the trip we just went on. Rather than just giving me a survey that would be matched up with that particular resort, I was asked the following:

Please enter the Resort ID # and Reservation number indicated on your comment card. (For Weeks members and Cruise exchangers your reservation number is the combination of your member id and exchange number. For example, member id 1111-01234 and exchange number 00099, the reservation number would be 11110123400099). Your input is very important to us. Your comments contribute to the overall rating of the resort and will be shared with resorts so they can improve their services to you.

I tried...and tried...and gave up. Apparently this "exchange number" was something pulled out of their ass which would have taken me hours to figure out. After several attempts, I wrote an email asking why it was so complicated to provide feedback (and it was even good!). They responded and gave me the number they were looking for and apologized with, "We regret it is not more intuitive." Basically, "we regret you weren't smart enough to figure it out, you idiot. " They further explain that the reviews are being phased out and they were done by third party vendors anyway. However, if I want to write a review, I can happily visit http://www.igougo.com/.

Hey--how about this? I tell you to go fuck yourself and stop wasting my fucking time trying to provide you and your clients a service by responding to a survey you initiated.

No comments: