Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Family Values

Jamie Lynn Spears, the 16-year-old "Zoey 101" star and sister of Britney, told OK! magazine that she's pregnant and that the father is her boyfriend, Casey Aldridge. What message does she want to send to other teens about premarital sex? "I definitely don't think it's something you should do; it's better to wait," she told the magazine.

Of course it is, Jamie Lynn. Of course it is... Thank YOU for showing us the way.

Lynne Spears, already grandmother to Britney's young sons, told the magazine: "I didn't believe it because Jamie Lynn's always been so conscientious. She's never late for her curfew. I was in shock. I mean, this is my 16-year-old baby."

Apparently, they started the dates with sex instead of wasting time with dinner and a movie.

But in a recent interview with The Associated Press, Spears said she had no steady boyfriend. "I kind of just keep my options open," she said. "I have a bunch of friends that I always hang out with, a bunch of guy friends."

"So...although I say that the baby is Casey's, I'm really not sure. It's anyone's guess."

Jamie Lynn plans to raise the baby in her home state of Louisiana — "so it can have a normal family life."

So...you can have a 'normal' family life in Louisiana?

On a similar topic, Lynne Spears, Britney's and Jamie Lynn's mother, was writing a book on family values...only, not so much anymore. "The book is delayed indefinitely. It's delayed, not canceled," a spokesperson for Thomas Nelson, which publishes inspirational books and Bibles. Not that they're turning their backs on the Spears family. "We are standing behind Lynne at this time and understand that she needs time with her family–-we support that," says the spokesperson.

That's great. Just what America needs. Lynne Spears telling everyone how to raise children with 'family values.' Maybe that's what's considered 'normal' in Louisiana. Thank God for the Religious Right to show us "Sinners" the way.

No comments: