Monday, December 17, 2007

The Secret Tapes of Larry Craig

Sen. Larry Craig of Idaho may reconsider his resignation if he is cleared of a disorderly conduct charge to which he pleaded guilty last month, his spokesman said Tuesday. Sen. Larry Craig, R-Idaho, announced his resignation Saturday in Boise, Idaho. Dan Whiting said it was still the GOP senator's intention to resign effective September 30, "however, he is fighting these charges and should he be cleared before then, he may -- I emphasize may -- not resign." Craig on Saturday announced his intention to resign after almost a week of speculation. But in a voice mail obtained by the Capitol Hill newspaper Roll Call, Craig appears to tell his attorney before that announcement that that he is going to change his statement.

"Senator Craig, did you have sex in the bathroom with another man?"

"Yes, I did. No...wait...I didn't! I was...um...just reaching for some toilet paper!"

"Senator Craig, are you going to resign?"

"Yes, I am. No...wait...I'm not! Wait...I am! No...I'm not!"

"Senator Craig, are you hypocritical lying fucking idiot?"

"No, I'm not. Wait...I am
!"

No comments: